Rental Vehicles – Frequently Asked Questions
Interested in renting a Toyota vehicle in Tuscaloosa? You’ve come to the right place! Tuscaloosa Toyota has a fleet of popular Toyota models available for rent at competitive rates!
Try Before You Buy – Sometimes a test drive is not enough. Rent it. Like it? Buy it!
Business/Leisure Rentals – Escape for a relaxing weekend or take a small business trip in a new Toyota.
Service Rentals – Car in the shop? Rent a Toyota until you are back on your feet.
Body Shop Rentals – Fender Bender? Drive a Toyota while you are in between rides.
Does My Vehicle Have To Be In The Service Department Before I Can Rent A Toyota?
Absolutely not! We offer Leisure rentals and Body shop rentals.
What Are The Requirements To Rent A Vehicle?
- Minimum age is 21 years old. (If under twenty-four, a fee of $20.00 per day will be charged to renter)
- Valid Driver’s License (International drivers require a U.S License)
- Major credit card in renters name (we do not accept debit cards, prepaid cards, cash, money orders, or checks)
- You must have valid, unexpired auto insurance that transfers to the rental vehicle. Proof of insurance is required and verified to rent. Please bring your insurance card or declaration with you.
Does Tuscaloosa Toyota Require A Deposit?
- We require a $200.00 deposit that will be charged on customer’s major credit card upon reserving vehicle. The deposit will be reimbursed back on customer’s major credit card when vehicle is returned damage free with a full tank of fuel.
- If you cancel your reservation less than 1 day (24 hours) before your specified pick-up time, you will receive a full refund minus a cancellation fee of $100.00.
Are There Any Limitations On Where I Can Drive The Rental Vehicle?
- Toyota Rent a Car vehicles are allowed in the continental United States, Alaska, and Canada. Toyota Rent a Car vehicles are not covered in Mexico.
- All rental vehicles come with two hundred free miles a day, after allotted mileage is reached, an additional .10 cents per mile will be charged.
- All rentals come with free 24/7 Roadside Assistance through Toyota.
- Rental contracts must be renewed (rewritten) in person every 30 days to remain a valid rental contract.
Is Smoking Allowed In The Rental Vehicle?
All of our rentals are 100% smoke free. If the vehicle is found to have been smoked in by a rental agent, a cleaning fee of $500.00 will be charged to customer plus any damages, if any.
Can I Transport My Pet In The Rental Vehicle?
In order to keep our vehicles in immaculate condition for our customers to enjoy, we do not allow pets in our rental vehicles.
Can I Leave My Personal Vehicle Parked At The Dealership?
You may leave your personal vehicle at the dealership; however, we are not responsible for any loss or damage to your vehicle.
Can I Tow A Trailer Or Boat With A Rental Vehicle?
You may use the rental vehicle to tow a trailer or boat that has a factory installed hitch and does not exceed the vehicle manufacturer’s recommended towing capacity. Renter is responsible for any damage to any object towed by the vehicle.
Can I Drop My Rental Vehicle Off After Hours?
Tuscaloosa Toyota does not allow pickups or drop offs before or after normal business hours. Every rental vehicle checked out and returned must be inspected by a rental agent.
Can I Buy The Toyota I Am Renting?
Absolutely, most Rent a Toyota vehicles are available to purchase after their short four-month in fleet period. Please check with your dealer or details.